The LiverWELL Regional Forum in Geelong aims to build workers’ understanding of liver health and viral hepatitis, along with local perspectives and referral pathways to better support the community. Join us in person or via zoom. Registration below
This free training workshop will feature expert presenters, lived experience speaker and community-based health experts, which will develop understanding on:
- how to support people in the community with viral hepatitis and liver disease.
- the care and referral pathway local to your area.
- local services around the area
- stigma and discrimination
The Geelong Forum will include:
- Craig Harvey – Harm Reduction Officer at Barwon Health
- Dr. Amanda Wade – Blood Borne Viruses Medical Lead at Barwon Health, Senior Research Fellow at the Burnet Institute and Adjunct Senior Research Fellow at Monash University
- Dr. Adrian Farrugia – Research Fellow in the Drugs, Gender and Sexuality Research Program at the Australian Research in Sex, Health and Society, La Trobe University, and Adjunct Research Fellow at the National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University.
- Inga Tribe – Viral Hepatitis Outreach Clinical Nurse Consultant at Barwon Health
- Steven Taylor – Lived Experience Speaker
Geelong Events Centre, Rydges Geelong (Barwon Room)
Cnr Gheringhap & Myers Street, Geelong VIC 3220
(online zoom link will be sent to those attending virtually after completing registrations)
Date and Time:
24 June, 2022
10:00am to 3:30pm
Certificates of attainment and resources will be provided for those who attend the forum.
Catering will be included – limited seats available. Registrations will close 20th June.
Enquiries contact Alain
LiverWELL: Geelong Forum Registration Form
Please complete the form below to register.
"*" indicates required fields