Our Strategic Plan
LiverWELL is excited to introduce our strategic plan – 2023 to 2030. The plan was developed in conjunction with key stakeholders – people with lived experience of hepatitis and liver disease, the community, Department of Health, partners and other health services.
The strategy builds on LiverWELL’s work and our existing strategies, working towards viral hepatitis elimination by 2030, in line with the State Government and National strategies, which support the World Health Organization (WHO) Hepatitis Strategy. The elimination of hepatitis B and C remains core to who and what we are.
LiverWELL has extended our vision to ‘Liver Health for all’. The positive focus on the overall health of the liver remains true to our purpose to prevent and reduce the impact of liver disease, including viral hepatitis and continuing to combat stigma.
In working toward our strategic goal for 2030, the key outcomes for 2023-2025 are:
- The consumer voice informs all of our work
- Vulnerable and at-risk communities are better supported to access care
- Demonstrable value is created through government, research, and health sector partnerships
- A national profile is established to mobilise action on steatotic liver disease (SLD)
- Increased engagement and effort is dedicated to liver health
- An income diversification is developed and diverse funding is secured
- An outcome and impact framework is developed and embedded in our work.
LiverWELL champions the interests of people affected by or at risk of viral hepatitis and liver disease.
We work to:
- Raise awareness of liver disease and prevent the transmission and impact of viral hepatitis
- Increase access and referral to quality information, care, treatment and support
- Provide leadership and coordination for the community response to viral hepatitis and liver disease
- Offer a number of programs for individuals and organisations that promote well-being, educate and increase the capacity of others to respond
- Influence the government, media and other agencies in relation to a stronger response to the challenges of viral hepatitis and liver disease in our community.
Our Vision and Values
LiverWELL’s vision is of ‘Liver Health for All’.
Our work toward this vision encompasses the following values:
We respect all people affected by liver disease, promoting dignity and challenging stigma and discrimination.
We seek to understand and value the diverse circumstances and cultures of the people and communities with whom we work.
We work in partnership with those affected by liver disease, and with others who share our values and aims.
We strive for maximum impact, building on evidence, being innovative, and driving change to achieve better liver health.