We respect all people affected by liver disease, promoting dignity and challenging stigma and discrimination.
We seek to understand and value the diverse circumstances and cultures of the people and communities with whom we work.
We work in partnership with those affected by liver disease, and with others who share our values and aims.
We strive for maximum impact, building on evidence, being innovative, and driving change to achieve better liver health.
LiverWELL, incorporating Hepatitis Victoria, champions the interests of people affected by or at risk of viral hepatitis and liver disease.
LiverWELL is a registered charity, trading under the name Hepatitis Victoria.
We work to:
- Raise awareness of liver disease and prevent the transmission and impact of viral hepatitis
- Increase access and referral to quality information, care, treatment and support
- Provide leadership and coordination for the community response to viral hepatitis and liver disease
- Offer a number of programs for individuals and organisations that promote well-being, educate and increase the capacity of others to respond
- Influence the government, media and other agencies in relation to a stronger response to the challenges of viral hepatitis and liver disease in our community.
Our Strategic Plan
LiverWELL’s new strategy
LiverWELL is excited to introduce our new strategic plan – 2023 to 2030. The plan was developed in conjunction with key stakeholders – people with lived experience of hepatitis and liver disease, the community, Department of Health, staff, partners and other health services.
The strategy builds on LiverWELL’s work and our existing strategies, working towards viral hepatitis elimination by 2030, in line with the State Government and National strategies, which support the World Health Organization (WHO) Hepatitis Strategy. The elimination of hepatitis B and C remains core to who and what we are.
LiverWELL has extended our vision to ‘Liver Health for all’. The positive focus on the overall health of the liver remains true to our purpose to prevent and reduce the impact of liver disease, including viral hepatitis and continuing to combat stigma.
The key pillars of our new strategy will ensure we remain focused on the areas that will have the greatest impact on liver health.
- champion the consumer journey
- engage and mobilise the community
- engage and mobilise the health system
- amplify the voice of the community
- and create an inspiring workplace.
Our values of respect, inclusion, collaboration and impact have remained the same. These values are embedded and we continue to find new ways to display them in our behaviours.
Elimination of viral hepatitis will only be achieved through Community, Clinical and Research groups working together – to that end we are fully committed to partnerships and effective collaboration.