We collaborate with Aboriginal Communities to:
- Improve access to health information about viral hepatitis and liver health for Aboriginal communities
- Break down barriers to seeking testing, and treatment where required for viral hepatitis
- Improve access to support services for testing and treatment
- Encourage healthy lifestyle approaches for liver health
- Identify knowledge gaps and better understand personal experiences, to inform the development of future projects for Aboriginal communities affected by viral hepatitis
Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
The Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) for LiverWELL was endorsed by Reconciliation Australia for 2021/2022
LiverWELL is committed to an ongoing collaboration with Aboriginal Communities, acknowledging the disproportionate health burden carried by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples regarding viral hepatitis and liver disease.
Our Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan demonstrates our commitment to reconciliation and we will implement it through consulting with Aboriginal Communities and organisations and being a supportive and respectful partner, working toward better health outcomes.
We are currently working on our next RAP.