This free, online workforce training will deliver practical tips and strategies to help you assist people requiring support to seek testing, treatment and employ safe practices (i.e. harm minimisation), concerning viral hepatitis.
Each session will run approximately 2 hours, 30 minutes (with a small break in the middle), and feature a lived-experience speaker sharing their own unique insights into living with hepatitis and their treatment journey.
This free course will cover:
- Liver disease -symptoms, causes, progression and health impacts
- Hepatitis A overview, including vaccination
- Hepatitis B (HBV) – transmission routes, risk factors (prevention), testing, immunisation, treatment and global impacts of HBV
- Hepatitis C (HCV) – transmission routes, risk factors (prevention), testing, and treatment, highlighting the current and completely effective DAA medication
- Identifying at-risk populations within the community
- myths surrounding HBV and HCV transmission
- Privacy, disclosure and legal obligations therein
- How to engage in supportive conversations about hepatitis treatment with your clients
- An overview of the advocacy and support services available to AOD and community welfare workforce, and consumers.
All attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance for their continued professional development.
About the facilitators
This course will be led by LiverWELL trainers and includes insights from someone with lived experience of hepatitis and treatments.
All you need to participate is a computer, tablet or mobile phone with internet access.
Email us to find out more about our upcoming sessions.