This free facilitated online training course by VHHITAL & ASHM provides nurses with the knowledge and confidence to increase screening and management of hepatitis C in primary care settings. The training is for nurses and midwives working in VIC and ACT.
Online Session 1: 23 June, 9:30am – 12:30pm AEST
Online Session 2: 25 June, 9:30am – 12:30pm AEST
Please note: You will need to attend both sessions in order to receive a certificate of completion.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
• Describe risk factors for HCV, enabling discussions with patients around prevention
• Discuss HCV serology to identify opportunities for screening, testing and linkage-to-care
• Explain the nurse’s role in providing culturally appropriate care, free from stigma and discrimination, to people from priority
• Explain the nurse’s role in the management of chronic HCV, advanced liver disease and hepatocellular carcinoma
• Outline strategies for supporting patients with medication adherence
Learning objectives align with the AHA Practice Standards for the Hepatology Nurse (2015) and the AHA Consensus based
Nursing Guidelines (2019). The course is also endorsed by the AHA.