The LiverWELL Gippsland Regional Online Forum aims to build workers’ understanding of liver health and viral hepatitis, along with local perspectives and referral pathways to better support the community.
This free training workshop will feature expert presenters, lived-experience speakers, and community-based health experts, which will develop understanding on:
- how to support people in the community with viral hepatitis.
- the care and referral pathways local to your area.
The Gippsland Regional Forum will include;
- the latest epidemiological data from Jennifer MacLachlan, author of the 2018-2019 Viral Hepatitis Mapping Report, and Senior Epidemiologist WHO Collaborating Centre for Viral Hepatitis, The Doherty Institute.
- An overview of treatment recommendations for hepatitis B from Dr David Iser, a gastroenterologist and hepatologist dedicated to treating people living with a range of gastroenterological conditions, including liver disease. Working at St. Vincent’s and The Alfred Hospitals, as well as private practice encompassing Fitzroy, Gippsland and South Melbourne, David is passionate about improving the lives of people living with liver disease, in particular those with HIV, people in regional and rural areas, prisoners, people who inject drugs, and those with advanced liver disease.
- A local harm reduction worker from the Gippsland area.
- In addition to covering an overview of the big picture around viral hepatitis and liver disease and the latest epidemiological data from the Gippsland region, we will be covering an an overview of prevention, treatment and management of viral hepatitis B and C, with all the latest insights, healthy liver lifestyles, AOD perspectives.
- A Lived Experience Speaker.
Location: Online (link provided after registration)
Certificates of attainment and resources will be provided for those who attend the whole day.
Enquiries contact Neylan